Snipping tool for windows – Screenshots are required nowadays to catch critical items on the monitor. Later, for possible comparisons, they can be included. We depend on some of the third-party software such as Lightshot, ShareX, Greenshot, and many more to render screenshots on Windows OS computers. Yet most Windows users have forgotten about the Snipping Feature, a built-in tool. What’s the Tool for Snipping? What are its features? How to open this one? Let’s explore in more depth the Snipping Tool.
What is Snipping Tool?
Snipping App is a Microsoft-owned Windows screenshot utility. You may use this feature to capture a whole or custom area in real-time on the Windows OS screen. Delay up to 5 seconds on your screenshots. There are multiple options in the snipping feature to edit the screenshots that you have made. Besides this the Paint 3D integration helps you to adjust the screenshot according to your convenience. The edited screenshot can be saved locally, or if you are using Outlook as an email app, you can move it by email.
It doesn’t save the screenshots immediately, unlike third-party apps. Before you manually exit, you have to put them in the tool. However it quickly copies and pastes the photos directly on the clipboard.
How to Open Snipping Tool for Windows
Since Snipping Tool is a pre-installed tool on Windows OS platforms, to download the Snipping Tool software, you don’t need to surf the internet. At the same time, to launch the Snipping App, there is no keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the Windows (Start) icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- Check for the Snipping tool from the search results and open the app.
- Point the mouse to the bottom of the screen’s right corner.
- A search menu is chosen.
- Type it as the Snipping Tool and open it from the results of the scan.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
- In the search window, enter the Snipping Tool.
- On your computer, open the tool.
Windows XP is not compatible with the Snipping App, so try to use some of the alternatives mentioned below.
Choose the screenshot mode you like after opening the app and start taking screenshots. Any of the keyboard shortcuts can also be used to easily navigate the functions.
Editing Tools in the Snipping Tool
The Snipping App comes with a few editing features to customize the screenshots that you can use.
- Pen – Allows you to draw a free form on the drawing. By changing the colour, thickness, and edge, you can customize the pen.
- Highlighter – It helps you to illustrate the picture’s significant portions.
- Eraser – If you make any errors when drawing or highlighting, it would be very handy.
Mode Tools on Snipping Tool
In the Windows Snipping Tool, there are four modes available, and each has a distinct feature.
- Free-form snip – by drawing a free-form shape, catch some section of the frame.
- Rectangular snip – Use the mouse in a rectangular shape to capture the relevant area. In Snipping Tool, it is the default setting.
- Window snip – Screenshot of the latest dialog or window.
- Full-screen snip – Capture the whole screen with the taskbar included.
Maybe that’s it, I hope this article about the Snipping Tool for Windows can add to your insight. If you have questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments column.